RescueTime for Linux Release Notes
18.104.22.168 - 2020/10/14 (Release)
Additional fixes for filesystems with non-ASCII file paths
22.214.171.124 - 2020/09/08 (Release)
Fixes issue with syncing activity data on some Windows systems
126.96.36.199 - 2020/08/18 (Release)
- Fixes issue with reporting time to the RescueTime dashboard
188.8.131.52 - 2020/08/13
- Fixes bug with uploading activity tracking data on when user account contains a non-ascii character
184.108.40.206 - 2020/04/29 (Release)
- New menu system with sub-items for easier/faster FocusTime sessions.
- Updating from YAML to JSON configuration files.
- Improved thread usage.
220.127.116.11 - 2020/03/03
- Added 2FA support
- Switched config file to use json format.
18.104.22.168 - 2019/09/25 (Release)
- Improvements for browser collection and support.
- Fixed crash issue during initialization.
22.214.171.124 - 2019/04/18 (Release)
- Support for Brave browser and firefox-esr
126.96.36.199 - 2018/12/07 (Release)
- Fixed issue with RemoteDestop tracking/accuracy.
- Fixed a crash issue.
188.8.131.525 - 2018/05/30 (Release)
- Reorganized Help window
- Added Send Log button if trouble is encountered
184.108.40.2068 - 2018/01/11 (Release)
- Fixed minor resource leak, potential crash fix.
- Compressing activity data before syncing with server.
- Collect information about crash reports.
220.127.116.112 - 2017/10/20 (Release)
- Removed port 8082 from the list of potential ports to try connecting to, as it is semi-common developer port.
18.104.22.1680 - 2017/10/16
- Chrome and Firefox now using websocket communication to collect url and redirect during FocusTime. Extension still required, but should be smoother.
22.214.171.1245 - 2017/08/18
- Firefox uses SQLite path if currentURL file is outdated.
- focustime_until alert triggering, allowing time filtered focus time sessions.
- Idle Activities being pulled from server config.
- Fixed alerts with non-English character displaying wrong/not at all.
- Fixed a small, unlikely but potential resource/memory leak.
126.96.36.1990 - 2017/05/05
- Fixed issue collecting from sqlite utf16 conversion could lead to dropped activities, and causing collection issues for Chrome based browsers.
188.8.131.525 - 2017/04/03
- Now looking for CA Certificate bundle in several locations.
- Fixed 'chrome-h' problem by adding SQLite3 into codebase and reading data as wchar.
184.108.40.2065 - 2016/11/30
- Updated and rebuilt libcurl (7.50.3) with c-ares (1.12.0) to potentially fix crashing issue.
- No longer blocking "newtab" from Chrome or Firefox even if included in blocked list.
- Added dependency ca-certifcates in attempt to use shipped ca-cert-bundles
220.127.116.113 - 2016/09/13
- FocusTime dialog box no longer specifies Very Distracting (-2) scored activities.
- RescueTime checks to see if another instance is already running, and shuts down if it is. Protects duplicate activity tracking.
18.104.22.1685 - 2016/04/21
- Fixed issue where Chrome was not collecting website information.
- Removed major memory leak while collecting website information from Chrome or Firefox.
- Reduced CPU usage while collecting website information from Chrome.
22.214.171.1240 - 2016/04/07
- Updated boost to fix an issue on Windows where RescueTime kept computer awake.
126.96.36.1990 - 2015/12/17
- Forcing SSL usage and verifying peer for more secure communications.
188.8.131.520 - 2015/12/17
- Forcing SSL usage and verifying peer for more secure communications.
184.108.40.2065 - 2015/10/07
- Fix for opening more than just http:// links from RescueTime alerts.
220.127.116.110 - 2015/07/09
- FocusTime end notifying server for IFTTT and Zapier alert services.
18.104.22.1685 - 2015/06/10
- FocusTime duration sent to server when starting session.
- Removed information from debug log, unless higher logging level is used.
22.214.171.1240 - 2015/06/04
- Fix for configuration loading issue with OfflineTime labels contains - or ,
- Added more debug information to track crashing issues.
126.96.36.1995 - 2015/05/28
- Fix for configuration loading issue with OfflineTime labels containing or ,
- Added more debug prints to track down crashing issues.
188.8.131.520 - 2015/05/07
- Release of Menu changes and fixed ui threading crashes.
- Fixed pause for 60 minutes displaying until midnight.
184.108.40.2065 - 2015/05/04
- Modified Menu to show Pause and Focus time remaining, change to Unpause button.
- Testing a FocusTime shutoff command from server.
- Fix for googlechromeunstable location.
- Fix for googlechrome location changes for communicating with extension.
- Several fixed regardning the new menu system.
- Fix for two possible ui thread crashes.
220.127.116.110 - 2015/02/03
- Idle Activity feature to not go idle for some period of time with specific activities (for movies).
- Support for firefoxdev to collect website information.
18.104.22.1685 - 2014/12/29
- Idle Activity feature to not go idle for some period of time with specific activities.
- Support information shows premium/lite status for diagnostic purposes.
- Support for chromestable to collect website information.
22.214.171.1245 - 2014/07/11
- Update data version of activity reporting to distinguish between offline and other activities.
- Removed a misleading cause for unknown default error, should have more information.
- Fixed user:taken issue when signing in with new user.
126.96.36.1998 - 2014/03/31
- Fixed issue with FocusTime not turning off.
- Updated activation process.
- Removed the excessive "unknown default error" status report.
188.8.131.524 - 2013/11/21
- Reduced server load for activation.
- Disabled text entry and button on FocusTime window for lite users.
- Fixed possible but unlikely crash when loading configuration at startup.
- Fixed crash with alert messages.
- Fixed issue with seconds vs milliseconds with delay before reading url.
- Other minor bug fixes and maintenance.
184.108.40.2060 - 2013/11/14
- Removed libXtst requirement from the RPM package.
- Fixed data loss when loading activity logs with unhandled UTF8 characters.
- Added url detection for chrome when process name is: googlechromestable
220.127.116.113 - 2013/06/07
- Menu item layout is now more consistent between Windows, OS X, and Linux versions of RescueTime
- Offline Time feature now allows you to change your mind if you didn't want to log time but accidentally clicked an option
18.104.22.1685 - 2013/05/08
- Fixed name of the help window to RescueTime Help.
22.214.171.1247 - 2013/04/01
- Fixed a data loss issue being caused by certain unicode characters
- Fixed a problem where unicode window titles details would not be reported properly
- Fixed a number of crash issues related to slow starting desktop environments
126.96.36.1994 - 2012/08/01
- Fixed a large number of xprop errors when scanning applications that hadn't finished loading all properties
188.8.131.52 - 2012/07/10
- Many changes to support Fedora 15
- RPM Package builds for RPM based distributions, Fedora 15 tested
- Ability to manually check for updates and if an update exists, take you to the download page
- Automatic update checks will happen every 7 days / 168 hours
- Changed UI element sizing to accomodate more font family sets
184.108.40.206 - 2012/05/29
- Many dependency fixes based on feedback from beta testers, the binaries should now work against more common glibc and libstdc++ libraries
- Fixed a number of segfaults reported by beta users, this version should be much more stable
- Fixed bad window titles on Fedora
220.127.116.11 - 2012/05/01
- Fixed application name to use the more friendly name from WM_CLASS
- Fixed an issue that could cause the last character in a url to be truncated
18.104.22.168 - 2012/04/26
- Beta Support for Linux tested on Ubuntu 11.10 32bit
- Dependencies on libxss1 (requires install), xprintidle (included in zip), qt4 shared libraries (should be installed by default Ubuntu installs)
- Firefox URL resolution requires https://www.rescuetime.com/installers/rescuetimefirefoxextension.xpi
- Currently only support for Firefox URL's and there is no FocusTime feature for Linux yet